Our favourite BANANA BREAD recipe – with a cheeky chocolate
Both Matthes and I LOOOOVE banana bread, especially straight out of the oven. Why do we love it so much?
- it has fresh bananas in so if you are like us and think that bananas are the best thing ever… you will love it too!
- it keeps great for a week (but since we are two “piggies” it is always gone within couple of hours in our household)
- there are pretty much no dishes to wash afterwards
- it is a hassle free and fast cake to make
- it is “kinda” healthy :)
Have I heard correct that you have not made banana bread before? Ojojoj! Then you need to give it a try! It’s lush!
Our favourite BANANA BREAD recipe
To make one loaf you will need:
3 brown/black bananas (the darker, the better)
1 cup brown sugar
1 and 1/2 cup flour (I use half normal and half wholemeal)
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp baking powder
cheeky chocolate if you feel like it (the darker, the better)
a bit of vanilla essence
a pinch of salt
How to make it:
1. Firstly get your baking tin ready to ensure that the loaf does’t stick to it. Butter your dish and then put some flour in and tip it around to to make sure that it coats the butter.
2. Crush your bananas with a fork. I sometimes use a hand blender when I want to be super fast (or when I’m feeling lazy :)
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix very well into a smooth mixture before tipping into your baking tin.
4. Baking time! Make sure that your oven is preheated to 180C. The bread will take about 50 – 60 minutes to bake. You’ll know when it is done when your skewer comes out clean after you stuck it in the middle of the loaf.
5. When ready, take it out of the oven, let it cool for at least 5 minutes and then tip the loaf out of the tin.
6. Enjoy!!! And let me know how you liked it!
And a little tip:
I made this banana bread for Matthes’ parents when they came to visit us in our flat for the first time. They loved it an then told Matthes that I’m lovely. So if you want to win someone’s heart over… banana bread is the way forward :)
Categories: my FOOD passions and RECIPES