Super moist LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE, with a little coconut twist
Lemons are healthy and contain LOADS of vitamin C.
Lemon Drizzle Cake is a bit of a calorie bomb though. But, what an AMAZING bomb!
This cake is a mixture of sweetness and lemon tanginess. It’s super moist and mellow. Simply: it’s incredible! And once you taste it you will be “trapped” and you will have to bake it over, and over, and over again…
Not only this cake taste amazing but it is also amazingly simple to make. And it’s ready in about an hour, including all the baking. Yay!
Super moist LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE, with a little coconut twist RECIPE
You will need:
1 cup of flour
1 cup of sugar
1 baking powder
6 tbsp icing sugar
4 tbsp shredded coconut
How to make it:
1. Firstly you need to get your baking tin ready to make sure that your cake doesn’t get stuck. Butter the inside of your tin and then put some shredded coconut inside, tip the coconut around to make sure that it completely coats the butter, then tip the excess coconut in a bowl.
2. Now you need to beat (I use a blender) the butter together with sugar until you get a smooth texture. Then, one by one, add your eggs. After you have mixed all your eggs in, slowly add your flour and baking powder.
3. Finely grate zest of one of your lemons, add it into your batter and mix well.
4. Baking time! Make sure your oven is preheated to 180C. The cake will take about 45 minutes to bake. You’ll know when it’s done when your skewer comes out clean after you stuck it in the middle.
5. Whilst your cake is happily in the oven, you need to prepare the “drizzle”. Take the bowl with your excess coconut, add the rest of the coconut in it and mix in icing sugar and zest from both of your lemons.
6. Cake is ready? Take it out of the oven and poke the cake all around with a fork. Now pour your “drizzle over it and make sure that your drizzle gets into all the holes and it sinks into your cake.
7. Let it cool down, and “tramtadadaaaaaa” ENJOY!
This cake is sooooo incredibly eatable that you may end up demolishing the whole cake in a day :) We always do!
Do you bake LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE?
And don’t forget to let me know how you liked it!!!
Categories: my FOOD passions and RECIPES